From F Kurzawa <majortay...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Decorating output before RollingFileAppender
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:36:38 GMT
Hi Yoav,

I might be able to do what I want by extending RollingFileAppender, but a
simpler solution for me would probably be to extend AsyncAppender to accept a
PatternLayout parameter and then apply it before outputting to the next
appender.

Regardless, I was really hoping for a solution that would not require extending
log4j. I was hoping there was a way to decorate log entries "inline" by passing
them through some sort of filter, much the way that AsyncAppender acts as a
filter of sorts in front of another appender.

Regards,

Frank

--- "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> You can always extend either RollingFileAppender or PatternLayout to
> suit your own needs.  That's a big plus of open-source and our ASF
> license ;)
>
> Yoav Shapira
> Millennium Research Informatics

=====