From James Stauffer <jstau...@spscommerce.com>
Subject RE: DBAppender cannot function without a connection source
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 14:50:46 GMT
I had hoped to use 1.3 for our new Database logging but it looks like I will
have to go back to 1.2.8. because I should have it finished this week.  One
benefit of writing our own Database appender is that it could use our
(custom) connection pool.

James Stauffer

-----Original Message-----
From: Ceki Gülcü [mailto:ceki@qos.ch]
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 9:22 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: DBAppender cannot function without a connection source

At 03:49 PM 5/12/2004, you wrote:
>Is Joran bleeding edge?

On Monday, 12th of May 2004, the answer is yes. However, JoranConfigurator
has a much cleaner and flexible design than DOMConfigurator. There is no
doubt that in log4j 1.3 JoranConfigurator will completely replace
DOMConfigurator. The replacement will take place within the next few days.
(After I'm done with DBAppender and DBReceiver, it will be bye bye
DOMConfigurator.)

In the mean time, you have the option of programmatically configuring
DBAppender.

--
Ceki Gülcü