From James Stauffer <jstau...@spscommerce.com>
Subject Logging to Database: max column size
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 16:54:36 GMT
Do any of the database appenders log a LogEvent even if one of the pieces of
data is too big to fit in that field?  i.e. In Oracle a varchar2 can be up
to 4000 characters (without using a different way to write the data), but if
a insert a logging event with a message more than 4000 characters the insert
fails.  From what I remember MS SQL just truncates the data (which would be
fine with me).  I know that 4000 characters seems like a lot but our stack
trace messages can be very verbose (have all of the data from a document).
Is this issue handled by any database loggers?

James Stauffer