From "Alan Brown" <abr...@opstechnology.com>
Subject RE: It´s posible to mix DailyRollingFileAppender and RollingFileAppender?
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 17:08:07 GMT
I did this exact thing and it wasn't at all difficult.  The code is extremely clear.  My need
was to have rollingFileAppender functionality that rolled over the directory each day.

I extended RollingFileAppender code and incorporated the necessary aspects of DailyRollingFileAppender.
 As I knew I only wanted to rollover each day and not by other time intervals, I simplified
the RollingCalendar class into a DailyRollingCalendar class and I created a DirectoryDeleter
class that deleted directories after they reached a certain age (as each directory corresponds
to a day).

If you're interested in the source, email me directly.

alan

-----Original Message-----
From: julian [mailto:zoorramen@yahoo.es]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 1:36 AM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: It´s posible to mix DailyRollingFileAppender and RollingFileAppender?

Hi everybody.

I need an appender that can change file both daily or when the actual file´s size reaches
a max size (something like mixing DailyRollingFileAppender and RollingFileAppender).
It´s posible to obtain such appender without modifying source? If i need to modify the source...
any of you have done it before? In that case, could you tell me some pointers about the way
to do it?

Thanks...