From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: log4j 1.2.8 and Chainsaw v2
Date Sat, 15 May 2004 10:24:39 GMT
At 09:23 AM 5/14/2004, you wrote:
>Philip,
>
>I've updated the LoggingEvent serialization code, which should resolve
>this issue.
>
>Download the latest version of log4j from CVS and you should be able to
>use Chainsaw V2 to view log4j 1.2.8 socketappender-generated events.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Scott

Thanks for responding to Philip's request so quickly. However, I don't
think maintaining serialization compatibility is feasible in the medium
term (i.e. by the time 1.3.0 comes out) but time will tell.

As a small reminder of the complexity of this issue, the current change
imposes the field name 'categoryName' on 1.4 as well (if we want to
preserve serialization compatibility between 1.3 and 1.4).

Anyway, thanks for fixing the problem.

--
Ceki Gülcü