From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: An odd configuration need...
Date Sat, 01 May 2004 13:09:57 GMT

At 12:54 AM 4/30/2004, Paul Smith wrote:
>Yes, you have some good points there.  I don't think we could _guarantee_
>that an interface might change, but I would think that it is incredibly
>unlikely at this point.  The only foreseeable changes would be additional
>objects/components or methods.  But again, I can't give you that 100% money
>back guarantee.
>
>You can always look at the new things in 1.3 that you are interested in (new
>Rolling architecture), have a look at the  test cases that Ceki has written
>for them and make an evaluation as to how stable it looks.  My vote would be
>that this area is looking very good.
>
>You can then do your own testing, and provide us any feedback. You can even
>make the fixes and send us the patches from your experience!  :)

The reason the treating the current CVS as alpha is to allow us room
to maneuver in the future. With hundreds of thousands of developers
using log4j, the pressure of user questions and bug reports can be
really overwhelming.

I am aware of the fact that this may be frustrating, especially if the
chainsaw part is nearing readiness for prime time. I'd like to finish
work on DBAppedner (3-4 days) and Joran (2-3 days) before releasing
1.3 alpha.

The official release of 1.3 requires much more work, in particular a
significant internal revamp to support domains.

--
Ceki Gülcü