From Dirk Schnelle <d...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject How to apply the apache license to documents
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 07:55:03 GMT
Hi,

I want to add an explicit statement of the apache license to my german
translation of the 'short introduction to log4j'.

But this license only applies to software. I realized that Ceki added
the sentence

 This software is published under the terms of the Apache Software
License version 1.1, a copy of which has been included in the
LICENSE.txt file shipped with the log4j distribution.

to his article. This is the best I can do for now, but is this correct?
Is a document the same as a piece of software? I am not a lawyer, but I
want to get an official response before adding this to my document.

/Dirk