From dalon...@grupodelaware.com
Subject Re: Shutting down specific instance of log file
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:18:14 GMT

Thank you....

Removing the appender by did the trick as in the example indicated.
Damian.

|         |           Roth Marcel        |
|         |           <marcel.roth@softla|
|         |           b.ch>              |
|         |           12/01/2004 16:53   |
|         |           Por favor, responda|
|         |           a "Log4J Users     |
|         |           List"              |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |     Para:     Log4J Users List <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>
                                           |
  |     cc:
                                     |
  |     Asunto:   Re: Shutting down specific instance of log file
                                     |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

I'm using a code like this for closing my ConsoleAppender and then add a
RollingFileAppender instead ...
Marcel

            if (Log.isAttached(myCAppender)) {
                    Log.removeAppender(myCAppender);
            }

Zitiere dalonsoh@grupodelaware.com:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I'm currently facing a problem where I have two instances of log files,
> one
> running internally using Turbine, and the other for a process withing
> my
> application which runs for about an hour every day.  For this separate
> process I have my own log file, and I wish to shut it down after it is
> finished.  The properties file for that log file looks like this:
>
> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, default
>
> log4j.appender.default=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
> log4j.appender.default.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.default.File=${file.name}.log
> log4j.appender.default.datePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd
> log4j.appender.default.layout.ConversionPattern=[%d] [%t] %-5p %M.%L -
> %m%n
>
> The problem is in my code, the only way I have found to terminate this
> log
> file is by calling LogManager.shutdown(); which unfortunately closses
> all
> log files down (including the Turbine log file) which is not the
> intended
> purpose.  Can anyone offer any suggestions for shutting down only one
> specific log file??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Damian.

Marcel Roth