From "Daniel J Mauer" <djma...@raytheon.com>
Subject Chainsaw - viewing log files from client side
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:31:10 GMT
Hi,

I am looking for a way to view log files stored on the server from a client
machine, and am wondering if Chainsaw can be used for this purpose.  I know
Chainsaw uses a JFileChooser to load files, which I believe cannot be used
to access files on a remote server?  If it can, how would one restrict
access to just the directory where the log files are stored?  Finally, does
anyone know how to start Chainsaw from code rather than from a script?  I
would like for it to be possible for our users to start Chainsaw from our
application whenever they want to look at log files.  Thanks!

Dan