From "Caitriona Doris (AT/EEI)" <caitriona.do...@ericsson.com>
Subject Newbie/Dummy Question on XMLLayout and log4j
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:41:33 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use XMLLayout class to format my logs from log4j and my question is in the
complete manual it states that
 "... if abc.log is the name of the file where the XMLLayout results go, then the following
file includes it as an external entity:"

Is this a dtd that should be used instead of lo4j.dtd? If so where do I tell my application
that it should look at this dtd instead of log4j.dtd.

Also, I need to output some parameter from the classes that call the logger can I do this
without rendering the objects that hold those parameters?

Thanks,
Caitriona