From Tom Eugelink <t...@tbee.org>
Subject Re: Revamp: App-server independent log4j logging
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:48:15 GMT
> Tomcat itself, the server, has its own classpath.  That classloader
> doesn't know or care about any of the webapps.  So I'm fairly certain
> you have to put the .properties file in the 'server' section to match
> the log4j.jar file in server/lib.

Ok.

But my original posting indicated I do have a log4j.jar in my webapp's
lib directory, and property file in my webapp's classes directory.

In fact that is the only log4j.jar in the whole classpath.

The problem is that when I specify the log4j debug parameter to see why
it isn't loaded, I'm not getting any output, unless I place another
log4j.jar in the server/lib.

Tom