From " " <emtt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Logging multiple threads to multiple files
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 20:11:42 GMT
Do you have any insights to how I can accomplish this,
or maybe someone has done this before?

Ceki Gülcü <ceki@qos.ch> wrote:
Not without touching the core of log4j. But it can be
done.

At 10:19 AM 11/14/2003 -0800, wrote:
>I'm using log4j 1.2.8. I have a class that starts off
4 other threads. So
>I have 5 threads running, all at the same time. What
I would like to do is
>log the 5 threads into their own log files.
>
>The first time I tackled this, I got 5 files with the
same output (all
>output from all threads). Then I got it to where the
5 files show
>different things, however, it seems like the threads
are stepping over
>each other. thread1 would have a log entry in
thread2's log, thread2's log
>will have some entries in thread3's log, and so on.
>
>I've done some poking around and found that I can set
a threshhold to log
>specific log levels to different files, but that's
not what I need. I want

--
Ceki Gülcü

For log4j documentation consider "The complete log4j
manual"
ISBN: 2970036908
http://www.qos.ch/shop/products/clm_t.jsp

import org.apache.Facetime;