From " " <emtt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Logging multiple threads to multiple files
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:19:28 GMT
I'm using log4j 1.2.8. I have a class that starts off 4 other threads. So I have 5 threads
running, all at the same time. What I would like to do is log the 5 threads into their own
log files.

The first time I tackled this, I got 5 files with the same output (all output from all threads).
Then I got it to where the 5 files show different things, however, it seems like the threads
are stepping over each other. thread1 would have a log entry in thread2's log, thread2's log
will have some entries in thread3's log, and so on.

I've done some poking around and found that I can set a threshhold to log specific log levels
to different files, but that's not what I need. I want to log ALL levels from a thread to
its own log file.

Can this even be done?