From "Ricardo Trindade" <ricardo.trind...@emation.pt>
Subject RE: Running log4j on it's own thread
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 08:17:11 GMT
The log4j docs have some performance hints. Have you followed them ?Perhaps
you can configure buffered logging, some people claim great speed increases
with it.
As for the threads, are you using EJBs ? if so I think the spec doesn't
allow you to spawn threads of your own..

As for the real question, I'll leave it to the log4j gurus :)

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Clare.Myers@Anthem.com [mailto:Clare.Myers@Anthem.com]
Enviada: segunda-feira, 6 de Outubro de 2003 16:18
Para: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Assunto: Running log4j on it's own thread

My J2EE application is experiencing significant slow down when logging is
turned on.  I would like to have the logging occur on it's own thread.  I
am not very familiar with this concept.  Can the ThreadGroupRender be used
to achieve this?  Or  should I extend the Thread class?

Thanks!
Clare H. Myers
Application Developer Advisor
Anthem - AMMS
(513) 336-5472

confidential
and privileged information or otherwise protected by law.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
all copies of the original message.