From Nigel.Byr...@directline.com
Subject RE: Running log4j on it's own thread
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:34:03 GMT

you can always try using an asynchronous appender

--
Nigel Byrnes
E-Commerce, Direct Line

                      "Ricardo Trindade"

                      <ricardo.trindade@        To:       "Log4J Users List" <log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                      emation.pt>               cc:

                                                Subject:  RE: Running log4j on it's own thread

                      07/10/2003 09:17

                      Please respond to

                      "Log4J Users List"

The log4j docs have some performance hints. Have you followed them ?Perhaps
you can configure buffered logging, some people claim great speed increases
with it.
As for the threads, are you using EJBs ? if so I think the spec doesn't
allow you to spawn threads of your own..

As for the real question, I'll leave it to the log4j gurus :)