From Clare.My...@Anthem.com
Subject Running log4j on it's own thread
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:17:41 GMT
My J2EE application is experiencing significant slow down when logging is
turned on.  I would like to have the logging occur on it's own thread.  I
am not very familiar with this concept.  Can the ThreadGroupRender be used
to achieve this?  Or  should I extend the Thread class?

Thanks!
Clare H. Myers
Application Developer Advisor
Anthem - AMMS
(513) 336-5472

and privileged information or otherwise protected by law.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
all copies of the original message.