From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Log4J 1.3 and/or sandbox
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:13:48 GMT

Hola,

>I have read a number of posts referring to version 1.3 and/or the
>log4-sandbox at Jakarta. I am eagerly awaiting the ConfigurationServlet
and
>other new features, therefore the following questions:
>
> - Is there a schedule for when 1.3 is to be launched? (or am I being
very
>optimistic, then...)

When it's ready ;)  Apache (and other open-source) products rarely have
a schedule.  At best you might get an approximation for when the beta
will be out.  Then there's testing, possibly more beta, before a
release.

> - What TAG should I use when retrieving from the sandbox? Will Head
work?

Head, yes.  You can start using many of the sandbox components,
including the ConfigurationServlet, now.

Yoav Shapira