From "Scott Deboy" <ScottDe...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Log file Viewer
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 22:20:56 GMT
Chainsaw supports loading of events saved to a file in XMLLayout format.
(File-load file)

The version of Chainsaw in development supports XMLLayout-formatted
files, but will also open each file into it's own tab in the UI.

-----Original Message-----
From: shmittal@checkfree.com [mailto:shmittal@checkfree.com]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 2:25 PM
To: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Log file Viewer

I am using log4j DailyRollingFileAppender - outputting data into a log
file for each day. As the application runs on multiple boxes, we usually
need to browse through all logs for a day to reconstruct what happened
when trouble shooting.

I have been looking around the log4j site for a log viewer (either swing
based or web-based) that will help us search these files and display
entries that match and provide capabilities to order them. LogFactor5
requires the output to be have keywords and Chainsaw seems to work only
with socketappender. Am i right here ?

I guess i am not the first one to have such a request - but cannot seem
to find anything opensource. Any pointers / suggestions ??

Shuchi