From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: log4j initialization in ejb jar modules
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:43:43 GMT
At 11:18 AM 10/6/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>   I have a jar that contains some EJBs where I'm logging some
>informations. In the present implementation I'm initializing and
>shutting down log4j via a ServletContextListener. This approach
>requires the deployment of a webapp (I had to declare the
>listener and some other context parameters in the web.xml).
>Instead of deploying only my .jar file I'm deploying a .war.
>   Does anyone know if is there any other way to make this
>initialization/shutdown?? (I want to deploy only the jar)

I don't know the answer, offhand, but you might look at the EJB spec and
see what options it has for deployment.  Is there any functionality
provided akin to the servlet spec's servlet context listener?  Maybe an EJB
that loads at application startup?  I'm not aware of such a thing, but I
don't do much EJB development right now (haven't much needed to).

Jake