From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: dumb newbie question?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:47:36 GMT

There is no such thing as a dumb question. See also below.

At 09:39 AM 10/1/2003 -0800, Rishikesh Tembe wrote:
>Hi group,
>
>Is there a way I can specify an absolute path for the File for the
>DailyRollingFileAppender in my log4j.properties?
>I want my log files to be located in the
>CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/log directory. How can I specify this
>destination without tying it down to the actual location of Tomcat?

You can use variable substitution.

Assuming catalina.home is a system property, then you can specify the path as

   ${catalina.home}/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/log

Just to make sure to use the right variable name.

--
Ceki Gülcü

      import org.apache.Facetime;
      ApacheCon US 2003, 18-21 November http://apachecon.com/