From Ken Hoying <ken_hoy...@yahoo.com>
Subject SMTP Appender
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:46:46 GMT
I cannot seem to get the SMTP Appender to work.  It is
almost like it is not even being loaded by LOG4J. I
say this because I get no errors or exceptions and
that was before I even added the JavaMail and the JAF
classes to my class path.

Is there a property I can set to get debug information
from LOG4J?

I am trying to load the SMTP Appender as follows:
log4j.appender.email=org.apache.log4j.net.SMTPAppender
log4j.appender.email.From=xxx@xxxx.com
log4j.appender.email.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.email.layout.ConversionPattern=[%d{MM.dd.yy
HH:mm:ss:SSS}] [%6.6p] [%25.25c] %m%n
log4j.appender.email.SMTPHost=smtp.xxxx.net
log4j.appender.email.Subject=Notice
log4j.appender.email.To=xxx@xxx.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated!