From Naresh Agarwal <naresh_i...@yahoo.com>
Subject Howto switch off additivity for a particular logger
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 14:11:18 GMT
Hi
   We are using log4j in different packages, these packages have their own properties file
for log4j. We are using these packages in a single application, now I want to switch off additivity
of my logger so that my logging requests are not passed on to the parent logger. Can someone
tell me how to specify that in properties file?

my properties file looks like

# Root logger, uses appender by name of DISSLog
log4j.rootLogger=INFO

log4j.logger.DISSLogger=INFO, DISSLog
# DISSLog appender, rolling file appender with file size 100KB, max 10 files
log4j.appender.DISSLog=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.DISSLog.File=diss.log
log4j.appender.DISSLog.MaxFileSize=100KB
# Keep backup files
log4j.appender.DISSLog.MaxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.DISSLog.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.DISSLog.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p - %C{1}::%M %m%n

Thanks
Naresh