From Rajat Sharma <rajat_st...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with HTMLLayout (log file attached)
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:30:05 GMT
The problem is that closing tags for 'body' and 'html' are being placed in the middle of the
file. Therefore, all events logged after that are unformatted. I can't figure out why these
tags are coming in.

Ceki Gülcü <ceki@qos.ch> wrote:

The file did not go through. The log4j-user mailing list filters out
certain file types and has a size limit of 100KB.

Maybe the table is not properly formatted? Look at the HTML file at the
spot where things start to go wrong.

At 07:56 AM 10/1/2003 -0700, Rajat Sharma wrote:
>Sorry about that... The log files are 10MB each, so I'm attaching a part
>of the log file that shows the formatting problem. This problem is
>occuring in all of the log files (there are 5 separate logs being
>created). Could this occur due to the fact that I have set the Append
>value to 'true' and there's some problem when the application is restarted
>and the old log file is still there? I tried testing that on my box, but
>that doesn't seem to be the issue. This is seemingly happening at random,
>but I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong!
>Thanks in advance for your help.
>Ceki Gülcü wrote:
>Can you include the resulting HTML file?
>Please do not send HTML-stylized text to this mailing lists.
>At 01:11 PM 9/30/2003 -0700, Rajat Sharma wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >I just put my application into testing and problems are pouring in... The
> >latest one is with the HTMLLayout. In the middle of the log, the appender
> >wrote this to the log file, and everything after this wasn't formatted in
> >the display... (after some logging messages, it wrote some similar HTML to
> >the log and the messages after that were formatted properly while
> >displaying the log in IE).
> >
> >>"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
> >
> >Log session start time Tue Sep 30 10:25:11 CDT 2003
> >
> >Time Thread Level Category Message

Ceki Gülcü

import org.apache.Facetime;
ApacheCon US 2003, 18-21 November http://apachecon.com/