From "Adrian Janssen" <a.jans...@videonetworks.com>
Subject RE: log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:48:08 GMT
you don't seem to setup the appender named 'das'.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaun Paul [mailto:shan_pual2003@yahoo.com]
Sent: 08 October 2003 05:43
To: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category

Hi,

We are running tomcat 4.1.24 and use log4j to log messages to our
application log file.

When I start tomcat , I encounter the following error :

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (cnsperfe.servlet).
log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

But am able to see all the debugs in the log file.

Here is the log4j.properties configuration :

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, das

log4j.category.cnsperfe.servlet=INFO, servletLog
log4j.appender.servletLog=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.servletLog.File=logs/dasadmin.log
log4j.appender.servletLog.MaxFileSize=1000KB
log4j.appender.servletLog.MaxBackupIndex=2
log4j.additivity.cnsperfe.servlet=false
log4j.appender.servletLog.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.servletLog.layout.ConversionPattern=%m%n

Please let me know if am missing any configuration ?

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Shan Paul