From "Adrian Janssen" <a.jans...@videonetworks.com>
Subject RE: Howto switch off additivity for a particular logger
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 14:30:57 GMT
Hi,

Here is what I use to switch off the additivity for a logger named
com.vnl.app.crm2, my 'local parent' logger.

log4j.additivity.com.vnl.app.crm2=false

Cheers
Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Naresh Agarwal [mailto:naresh_iitd@yahoo.com]
Sent: 07 October 2003 15:11
To: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Howto switch off additivity for a particular logger

Hi
   We are using log4j in different packages, these packages have their own
properties file for log4j. We are using these packages in a single
application, now I want to switch off additivity of my logger so that my
logging requests are not passed on to the parent logger. Can someone tell me
how to specify that in properties file?

my properties file looks like

# Root logger, uses appender by name of DISSLog
log4j.rootLogger=INFO

log4j.logger.DISSLogger=INFO, DISSLog
# DISSLog appender, rolling file appender with file size 100KB, max 10 files
log4j.appender.DISSLog=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.DISSLog.File=diss.log
log4j.appender.DISSLog.MaxFileSize=100KB
# Keep backup files
log4j.appender.DISSLog.MaxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.DISSLog.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.DISSLog.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p - %C{1}::%M
%m%n

Thanks
Naresh