From "lhelper" <lvkrne...@hotmail.com>
Subject Multiple loggers of different web applications in one web server
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:53:27 GMT
Hi All:
  I've run into a problem with having multiple webapps within one web server (resin), one
logger for each webapp, and about 4~5 instances for the primary servlet of each webapp, I
use DailyRollingFileAppender do logging in all applications, my problem is the loggers do
well most the time, but when I restart the web server sometimes, the loggers output all the
log into just one log file, others can receive nothing, but anything works well again after
the daily rolling.

  I use a init servlet parse the conf file for each webapp. My log4j conf files of each webapp
are similar with each other, they look like:
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, A1
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.A1.File=FILENAME.LOG # the filename is different from each other
log4j.appender.A1.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%-5p] - %m%n

  And I use:
log4j1.2
resin-2.1.10
j2sdk1.4.2_01
redhat linux 2.4.20

Is there anybody has the same problem? Any opinion is appreciate!