From "Yu Xiang Xi (Maveo)" <y...@Maveosystems.com>
Subject Questions on Log4J LocationInformation
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:25:22 GMT
Log4j has provided the interface org.apache.log4j.spi.LocationInfo.java,
which give us the chance to get where log event delivers from.

For example, if we use
	log4j.appender.Console.layout.ConversionPattern=%l %m%n
We can get information like below on the console screen

     JAVA DEBUG test.TestLog.main(TestLog.java:17) this is the log
information

But because the log4j manual tell us that using %l will extremely slow down
the speed of the whole application, so I just wonder to know how deep does
this affects our system, is there a way to measure the performance?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Xi Yuxiang