From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Converting log4j.properties to log4j.xml
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:29:01 GMT

Howdy,
There's no overriding reason usually to move from
properties to XML files for log4j configuration.  XML
configuration does do a couple of things properties can't,
although off the top of my head I can't remember what
those things are.  OTOH, as always, XML is more verbose
than plaintext, takes longer to parse/load/unmarshal/whatever
you do with it.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics