From Kevin Klinemeier <zip...@yahoo.com>
Subject How discouraged are custom LoggerFactories?
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:31:02 GMT
I see in the documentation for the properties configurator that making
your own Logger Factories is discouraged, and hence undocumented.  From
looking at list archives, it seems like at least a few people are doing
it anyway.

Is this really discouraged, and what kind of problems am I setting
myself up for?  I'm taking a different approach to configuration,
looking things up in a repository as they're created, rather than
creating all the loggers at startup.  The only way I see to do that is
to make my own factory that looks up their configuration when they're
requested from it...

Kevin Klinemeier

Java Developer,
Expeditors International