From "Matt Raible" <m...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject RE: Syntax Verification and Velocity Logging to Console [solved]
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 02:39:50 GMT
I figured out that this was caused by an improper setting in my
velocity.properties file:

runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.logger=org.apache.velocity

Should be:

runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.CATEGORY=org.apache.velocity

Caps are mine, 'category' should be lowercase.  This fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Ceki Gülcü [mailto:ceki@qos.ch]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 2:13 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Syntax Verification and Velocity Logging to Console

The level values are seem OK.

However, no need to have an appender-ref in each logger. Appenders are
inherited cumulatively.

   <logger name="org.apache.velocity">
     <level value="DEBUG"/>
   </logger>

   <logger name="org.apache">
     <level value="WARN"/>
     <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE"/>
   </logger>

I assume an appender named CONSOLE is defined somewhere... right?

--
Ceki Gülcü

      import org.apache.Facetime;
      ApacheCon US 2003, 18-21 November http://apachecon.com/