From "Joe Weder" <jwe...@icsaward.com>
Subject Isolation
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:11:41 GMT
Having problems with isolation/interference with use of Log4j from other vendors and our application
server (JOnAS http://www.bullsoft.com/ejb/index.html) and now JMeter. Our application consists
of Java applications and ejbs, etc... web-application solutions (I've seen) for isolation
do not help. Since there appears to be a single instance of the root logger in a JVM, and
since pieces of our application may be running the same JVM (I have no control over this nor
do I wish to endure any such burden) with 3rd party software, and we all want to configure
the logging, how the heck do we avoid this conflict.

I'd would like to end this once and for all. I would appreciate any suggestions from the group.

I'm fairly new to log4j and this mailing list - sorry if this has been covered before.

Joe Weder