From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: discreet logging types - revisited
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:07:24 GMT

Howdy,
I'm a fan of the Level system and its relationship, so no I'm not
interested in your suggested mods, but I wanted to throw out an idea or
two for you that might reduce the need for coding:
- Can you use separate logger repositories as your "types" ?
- Can you use a Filter attached to the root logger that matches based on
"type" as an MDC attribute of the logging event?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics