From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: calling DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch() 2 times
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:52:41 GMT

Howdy,

>Also, it is programmatically possible to check if Log4j has been
configured
>previously, thus avoiding the problem (which may or may not help in
this
>particular case).  My development team creates components used
throughout
>our enterprise, and if an application has configured Log4j, we want to
>avoid
>configuring it ourselves and instead piggy-back off their
configuration.

This is a good habit: we do the same thing.

>The code to check if Log4j has been configured follows:
>
>public static boolean isConfigured() {
<snip>

This code is also on the log4j wiki pages as it's a FAQ.  Note that it's
not guaranteed to be 100% effective, i.e. it might return false
positives or negatives.  I haven't run across such a case yet, but it's
a CYA statement.

Yoav Shapira