From "Crumbo, Brian" <Brian_Cru...@CINFIN.com>
Subject RE: Picking up wrong properties file in Weblogic
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:33:20 GMT
The directory was in the system classpath.  I took it out, and now I get a
"No appenders could be found for category (root)." message.  Does this mean
its not finding the properties file?

To answer the other questions, this is a Struts application, and I'm in an
Action class in the war file.  I haven't gotten to logging in the EJB jar
file yet.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ebersole, Steven [mailto:steven.ebersole@vignette.com]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 2:23 PM
To: 'Log4J Users List'
Subject: RE: Picking up wrong properties file in Weblogic

Is that directory on the classpath somewhere higher than the weblogic app
classloader?  For example is it on the system classpath or server classpath?

Where is the class which triggers log4j initialization?  Is it contain
within the war file?  If, for example, and ejb component is the first to
reference log4j, it would not be able to see the stuff in the
WEB-INF/classes directory.

What else is inside the ear file?  Is everything in the ear supposed to
share that log4j config?