From "Crumbo, Brian" <Brian_Cru...@CINFIN.com>
Subject Picking up wrong properties file in Weblogic
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 17:47:47 GMT
I have deployed an application as an ear file to Weblogic.  The war file
within the ear file contains the log4j.properties file in the
WEB-INF/classes directory, and the log4j.jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory.
My understanding is that log4j should pick up the log4j.properties file from
the WEB-INF/classes directory by default. However, my application, for some
unknown reason, is picking up a log4j.properties file from elsewhere on my
machine...from a directory that contains a Java application that has not
been deployed.

Anybody know why log4j would be going outside the web app to pick up another
properties file?