From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: New issue on Log4J initialization
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 06:04:54 GMT
Hi Timothy,

This is why, when possible, I install apps manually by simply unzipping
them to a directory rather than running some fancy install which I have no
control over.  I do this with Tomcat.  I suppose this isn't possible with
current versions of Websphere, but they really shouldn't be modifying your
classpath anyway.  I'd send them a complaint about this so that they stop
this practice in the future.  Their batch scripts should set everything up
dynamically rather than modify the system CLASSPATH variable.

Anyway, you can achieve this yourself by opening a command prompt and doing:
set CLASSPATH .

Now run Tomcat from there (although the default scripts should ignore the
classpath anyway, now that I think about it).

Anyway, try that out.  If that doesn't help, maybe if you have a sample
application you can send to me, I can test it out myself to see if I get
logging or not.  Some source code would also be good so I know where to
expect logging statements to come from.

Jake