From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: New issue on Log4J initialization
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:49:25 GMT

Yikes.  I'd change your classpath to be no more than a single period.  Set
the classpath as needed in scripts.  That way, you won't force libraries
that aren't needed or collide with other libraries on every app you run.

Just to be clear.  Are you running Tomcat or Websphere?  I can't tell you
what the behavior in Websphere will be.  Tomcat should definitely work for
logging, though.

BTW, what does your app consist of?  Does it use Struts or anything else
requiring commons-logging?  That's the most evil invention to come out of
the Apache project.  In my experience, it just messes up everything.  If
this is an issue with commons-logging, you'll have to take it up with them.

BTW, I will be leaving for a mini vacation shortly, so someone else is
probably going to have to take the reins on this one if you require more help.

good luck!

Jake