From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: how do i get Log4j in Tomcat environment?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:37:42 GMT

I see that error in Tomcat5 as well.  I assume you have log4j.jar in
CATALINA_HOME/common/lib?  Did you also add log4j.jar to WEB-INF/lib of
your application?  If not, do that and make sure your log4j.xml is in
WEB-INF/classes.  Everything should work fine for you.  The error is
inconsequential.  When commns-logging (which Tomcat uses) finds log4j.jar,
it uses it but there seems to be something wrong with the way they are
configuring it.  It shouldn't affect your application in the least.  Just
ignore the message.  Having log4j.jar in WEB-INF/lib gives you a completely
separate logging environment than that of the server.

BTW, are you not getting any logging from your application?  You should be
if you have things configured correctly as I've described above.

Jake