From Larry Young <lyo...@dalmatian.com>
Subject Re: discreet log types
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 01:12:19 GMT
Paul,

         Yes, actually I had already gone down that road as one of my first
solutions before I posted my original message.  However, when I considered
that option, I was appending the logging type, which was a problem when
trying to specify packages instead of individual classes.  But your
suggestion to put it at the beginning could solve that problem.

         I'm not so worried about it being clumsy because I can always hide
it with a wrapper around the front-end if necessary (i.e. create a static
factory-like method).  And I would only have to define loggers for the
logging types that my class would be using, not necessarily every one that
is defined, especially since the list needs to be extensible.  And it would
also allow me to enable multiple logging types for a single class/package.

         I'll have to give this one some more thought!  It's not the
cleanest of solutions, but if no one else on the list thinks this would be
a good feature to have, then perhaps this would be the quickest solution
for my situation.  Thanks again for your ideas!

--- regards ---
Larry