From "Scott Heaberlin" <heabd...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Instant Logging Article
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:56:35 GMT
Someone back in may posted a Jabber IMAppender to the log4j-dev list.
Here's the archive:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4j-dev&m=105344479430998&w=2

I actually toyed with it some at work, where we have an internal jabber
server running.  I had to modify it somewhat to allow comma delimited
lists in the value for the IMAddress parameter (to send to multiple
recipients), but other than that the donated source worked great.

That IBM article is superb though. The architecture diagrams are
particularly interesting, as it is something I don't think is currently
on the log4j site.  I am glad to see it has already made it to the log4j
articles section of the site.

-Scott Heaberlin