From "Ashraf Fouad" <ashraf_fo...@rayasoftware.com>
Subject Can't read property file in log4j
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:18:30 GMT

Hello all,
    I'm still a beginner using Log4J, I'm trying using property file for setting the confirguration
for log4j in a test java file with main method, I set the classpath - in Oracle JDeveloper
9i_3 - for a location that reside with xx_log4j.properties, but the file was never read, except
I write the full path of it, I opened the source of the PropertyConfigurator & I found
that it reads the file using Properties class, which I think does not search the classpath
for file.
so any suggestion ?!?!?!?!?!
I thought for an idea to use something to search the classpath for the file, then get the
absolute path and pass it in the PropertyConfigurator, I tried
to use ResourceBundle class but there is no method to return the absolute path.
so any suggestion to determine a file in the classpath ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Ashraf Fouad Ayoub
Senior Developer
Raya Software

1 Abdel Hameed Lotfy St.,
Nasr City, Cairo 11371, Egypt
Phone:	*	(202) 670-3301/2/3/4/6/8 Ext. 295
Fax:	*	(202) 670-3296
Email:	* ashraf_fouad@rayasoftware.com
Web:     * http://www.rayasoftware.com/