From "Lu, David" <...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject custom properties in log4j
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 14:54:57 GMT
hi everyone,

we've extended log4j with some custom pattern layouts that print the name of
the (web)application ( in addition to the logger ) logging the event.

is there a way in log4j to set the application name as a property and have
it visible to in our extended log4j classes?

we're planning on setting this property (app name) in a context listener and
later retrieving it in our custom pattern layout classes.

thanks!

david

TIAA-CREF