From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Resin with log4j (long)
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 20:45:17 GMT
Hi,
Consider moving the log4j initialization from a startup servlet to a
ServletContextListener's contextInitialized() method.  That's guaranteed
to be the first thing in your webapp that's called by the server.
Before any init() methods.  And then you don't need to worry about the
possibility of a load-on-startup servlet being destroyed and reloaded by
the container (which can happen: the container is free to do this at any
time).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and