From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Problem with Log4j and Weblogic hot deploy (SOLVED -- user error)
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 22:58:06 GMT

No, I think this is a problem that will bite other develoeprs so it's
really helpful to report the problem as you have done. Can you explain
where the properties files were located because I don't really get it.

By the way, the "Dunce" cap is a resource shared by most developers causing
much contention. Please release it, i.e. take it off, at your earliest
convenience.

At 17:44 02.12.2002 -0500, Butler, Pete wrote:
>Never mind.
>
>The problem I was having was that, unbeknownst to me, the app's EJBs
>were hitting their own log4j properties file, which had very different
>settings from the file I was using.
>
>For some reason, bouncing the server resulted in MY properties file
>getting used, while a re-deploy was picking up the OTHER file.
>
>So, today's lesson is don't allow different points in your code to call
>out different log4j properties files.  The little bastards will fight
>with each other.
>
>If anyone needs me, I'll be the developer sitting in the corner wearing
>the "Dunce" cap.
>
>Thanks to everybody who tried to help.
>
>                                 -- Pete
>

>Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any
>attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
>and may contain confidential and privileged information.
>Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
>prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
>contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
>the original message.
>
>--

Ceki

others. -- Jon Postel, RFC 793