From Thomas.J...@ubsw.com
Subject Urgent : Help Reuired
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:38:19 GMT

Sorry to intervene.
I am facing a big problem, i am able to implement the log4j.
i am also using WASD test environment.
Can you help me in configuring the log4j.
whenever i run the server, i get this error.

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).

I have a Log.java which is used to load the log4j
/*******************************************/
public class Log extends Logger {

 	private static final String LOG_CONFIG_FILE = "";
 	private static final String LOG_DELAY="20";

   /** Loads the log4j config file located based on a system-property. */
   static {
		long delay = Long.parseLong(LOG_DELAY)*1000*60;
	      DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch("log4jConfig.xml",delay);

   }....

I have put the log4jConfig.xml(log4j configuration) in web-inf.

Is it correct way of configuring it. please guide me if i am wrong,or why i am getting that
error.
What i understood is web-sphere tries to initialise the log4j before the application gets
initialised. I bit struggling with this for one day.. please help me out

Thanks in advance
John