From Leos Literak <liter...@centrum.cz>
Subject changed user -> strange behaviour
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:29:33 GMT
Hi,

I run jetty and today I switched it from my user
to www-data. Since then logging is really strange.
I (still) use log4j 1.1.3

so what happens:

files were belonging to user literakl and I made them
world writabeble. All parent directories were r-x.
During init stage it wrote few information to one log file.
Since then no output is written to any log file,
even if I trigger actions, that always log.

So I stopped jetty and made files and parent dir
belong to group www-data. Again init info is
written but nothing else.

So I stopped it and made files and dir belong to user
www-data, which runs jetty. Same behaviour - init
is logged but nothing else.

I dont understand this. If it was OS error like
insufficient rights, neither init was logged.
But log4j CAN write to logs (init is logged).
And later it doesnt log anything. I cannot believe
my eyes. I dont understand this. Do you?

Thanks

	Leos
--
Leos Literak