From "Thomas Muller" <...@online.no>
Subject RE: DailyRollingFileAppender does not create backup file
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 12:42:11 GMT
What Log4j version is this? Which OS? What does your configuration file look
like? Are you getting any Log4j ERR or WARN statements on std err when you
expect logging to occur (and the file to roll)? Could you please submit the
smallest possible program that demonstrates what you interpret as a flaw?

--

Thomas

| |
| |
| | I am also facing the same problem. I have set for hourly rolling but
| | it doesn't happen. It happens only when I stop my application and
| | again starts it. At that time it rolls the old file and creates a new
| | file. Is that rolling appender is supposed to do.
| |
| |
| | -shawn
| |
| | ====================================
| | Shawn Wilson [shawnw@atmreports.com]
| | Software Developer, ATMReports.com
| | PH: 877-327-0873, FAX: 406-294-5806
| | ====================================
| |
| |

| |
| |
| | --
| For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:log4j-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>

"The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is confidential
and for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient,
please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer.
Although The Bank of New York attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for
viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no
liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses."

Copyright ERA Technology Ltd. 2002. (www.era.co.uk). All rights reserved.
The information supplied in this email should be treated in confidence. No
liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss or damage
suffered as a result of accessing this message or any attachments.