From "Gary Graham" <gary.gra...@isspitt.com>
Subject Need help getting log4j to work under apache/tomcat/jboss on a linux server
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:48:00 GMT
Hello all,

I have been trying - unsuccessfully I might add - to get log4j to produce a log file on our
linux server running apache/tomcat/jboss.  I deployed a war file in the Jboss deploy directory
andf all of thast worked just fine.  The application is up and running.  However, - no log4j
log file is being produced.  I placed the log4j.priperties file in the WEB-INF/lib just like
I do on all other configurations, but for some reason log4j doesn't work and doesn't complain
either.  Here is a section of the log4j.properties file that defines the log file name:

#log4j props file
log4j.appender.default=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.default.File=./wtt.log
log4j.appender.default.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.default.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r %-5p %c{2} %M.%L %x - %m\n
#log4j.rootCategory=, default
#set other modules to INFO normally
log4j.category.WirelessLoginAction=INFO, default
log4j.category.WirelessLoginAction2=INFO, default
log4j.category.ConnPool.PoolManager=INFO, default
log4j.category.ConnPool.ConnectionPool=INFO, default

as you can see I am trying to log information to the file ./wtt.log

however - no file by that name is ever created anywhere on the server.

Perhaps someone can point me in the direction of my errors.

Thanks,

Gary Graham