From "Bin Yan" <bx...@health.state.ny.us>
Subject Re: UNIX file handler problem used up on log4j log files
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:25:56 GMT

Agreed. Although I think the preferred solution is to "configure your
logging at the server start" due to performance concerns.

thx

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 Tony Yan (Bin)
 BHNSM/DOH/NYS
 Tel: 518-473-1809
 Email: bxy02@health.state.ny.us

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

                      Jin Zhao

                      <JZhao@Qcorps.com        To:       Log4J Users List <log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                      >                        cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: UNIX file handler problem used
up on log4j log files
                      08/30/2002 12:59

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Log4J Users

                      List"

I guess so. Since you didn't close those file handles before another
PropertyConfigurator call, they are accumulated with each servlet hit. You
can call Logger.shutdown after each session to see if it fixes the problem.

Alternatively, you may only need configure your logging at the server start
up instead of reconfiguring them at each servlet hit.

A question to Ceki: Can the same problem happen to configureAndWatch() ?

Jin

For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:log4j-user-help@jakarta.apache.org