From "Bin Yan" <bx...@health.state.ny.us>
Subject Re: UNIX file handler problem used up on log4j log files
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:18:42 GMT

Hi, Ceki:

We set up appenders using static config. file thru PropertyConfigurator.
This configuration is done thru MyLog class. Currently, we have only about
a few appenders. My follow up questions should be:

(1) If we don't close those appenders after each Event, what should we do?
leave them open for the following events?

(2) If we leave those appenders open, at the IO level, when do we close
java.io.Writer, say if it is a file appender.

Thanks very much

- Tony

                      Ceki Gülcü

                      <ceki@qos.ch>            To:       "Log4J Users List" <log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                               cc:

                      08/30/2002 10:05         Subject:  Re: UNIX file handler problem used
up on log4j log files
                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Log4J Users

                      List"

That doesn't say anything about the way you attach appenders to loggers.
Or?

mailto:log4j-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>